Well, my lucky husband turned 40 nearly a month ago and I suggested that he and his brother go to Las Vegas to celebrate! Enough said. Well, I’ll just say a little bit more.
We have been through a lot. We are a good team. He is an amazing support and a wonderful father. I knew he didn’t want to have a big party and he LOVES playing poker. When I first mentioned this Vegas idea he dismissed it…”as if I am going to do that?” Anyway I chipped away and explained that I really wanted him to do it.
Here is a quick list of things I like/love about the birthday boy and why I am grateful to have him as part of my life:
• When I first met him he made me laugh (it was at a friend’s 21st and he had put cracker biscuits in his eyes…actually I don’t know why I laughed)
• When he first cooked me dinner he wore masseur sandals and track suit pants (actually I didn’t love that …I thought it was weird)
• When he proposed he made me suffer all through dinner till the very end but it was worth it
• He is really thoughtful
• He loves our girls so much and has never pined for a boy
• He likes to solve problems
• He is good to my mother!
• He likes to cook fancy dinners, even if sometimes we don’t eat till 9pm
• He loves to give people nick names
• He is my own personal Nav man
• He can sleep anywhere (actually that’s really annoying and he snores)
• He can do a pretty good accent for comic purposes
• He challenges the girls to stretch themselves and talks to them like they’re not idiots
• He’s a good listener
• He loves us so much
Life is short. You have to take every opportunity to live it. I am thrilled he is going on this trip. He has been working so hard and he deserves it. (Besides…Someone else I know turns 40 next year…I remember New York being splendid in December!!)
Happy birthday baby!
I am dedicating my grateful post to you!
Linking up with Maxabella Loves, Grateful Post